Since its foundation in 1951 the School has provided education in fields of civil engineering. Gradually, more school subjects were added. However, the school has always stayed focused on building and timbering professions. Over time the school has established close connections and cooperated with many construction companies in Pardubice region, which allows the school to fulfill one of its strategic goals – maximal interconnection of theoretical knowledge with practical skills. Throughout its existence the school responded to the needs of its potential employers and demands of parents and students. Investments into school modernization allowed for better practical training. School’s students participate through Erasmus + exchange traineeships directly in companies abroad.